Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Nothing Diet

No wheat, no eggs, no citrus, no nuts, no soy, no dairy, no corn, no shellfish.  When a friend of mine told me about the dietary restrictions she had imposed upon herself to deal with her baby's collic, I mentally dubbed it the Nothing Diet.  Little did I know I would soon be (not) eating the same things.  
 A couple of weeks  ago, we figured out that Charlotte spits up a lot when I have dairy.  Nova was the same way as a baby. I found the adjustment wasn't too hard.  I ate kalamata olives and almonds for snacks instead of cheese.   By 11 months she could handle dairy and hasn't has difficulty since.  However it seems that something else is bothering Charlotte's tummy as well, probably something I am having more of to compensate for the lack of cheese, milk, and yogurt.  
To get the to the root of the problem quickly, I've started the Nothing Diet (in other words, I've removed the top 6-8 allergens from my diet).  After two weeks of detox, I'll try adding things back in one at a time and see what causes problems.  Of course, I could just take them out one at a time, but then, on the off chance that my daughter is allergic to more than one other thing, I might never figure it out.

             

No comments:

Post a Comment