Search This Blog

Friday, February 20, 2015

Making an Elsa Dress (In Pictures)




The littlest sister at our house was very clear that she wanted to be the BIG sister from Frozen this Halloween.




We drafted the pattern using a well fitting long sleeved T-shirt and a well fitting fairy dress.


Aria also helped to draft the pattern.





We had a stretchy sparkly knit and a stretchy sheer fabric  to marry together.  I had to consult both my Home Ec teacher mother and my Costume Designer sister to make this work.  A light weight knit sewing machine needle and a wash away sticky seam tape were essential!






Invisible, washable, dryer friendly, snaps made the cape detachable for car rides and washing. (Did I mention the cape fabric is dry clean only? Why?  I can't defend that decision--it was otherwise perfect and I just wanted to leave the fabric store.) 



Ta-da! All done.   Ideally I would have added some elastic to the waist (t is a little big), but Halloween can't be postponed for costume alterations.



No comments:

Post a Comment