Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sewing a la Maria Von Midwinter



For some reason, I felt compelled to sew my children matching outfits out of cast off linens.  Like Maria  Von Trapp in the sound of music.  Except, instead of traipsing around Salzburg in a bunch of old drapes, my kids get to loll at the beach in an old duvet cover from Ikea.*  To make it even more fun, I sewed them on a 1960s Bernina sewing machine and used 1960s wrap-around patterns (for the most part--thanks for lending me your machine while we were visiting Mom). I decided to spare Solomon from the matching outfits affair, since he is a boy and eleven (though he said he wouldn't mind a fishing hat).




Charlotte and Ariadne got truely matching outfits, and theirs are done.  Nova's was a different patern that I couldn't quite get my hands on.  I ended up winging it and hers still needs just a little adjustment.   Anyway, here are the results.








*I am aware these are sentence fragments.  I separated them out for dramatic effect.  However, I must still be conflicted about it because I felt compelled to add this note.

No comments:

Post a Comment