Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Nova Sophia

Nova has been having some big thoughts for a little girl.  Sunday she surprised me with "I have two beliefs, but they get in the way of each other.  One is that you never know what is ahead, and the other is that anything is possible."  It took me a minute to catch this one, despite my philosophy degree.  But there it was--if anything is possible, it is possible that you might know what is ahead--ta-da!   (She is SIX!)

Today Nova announced that "nothing can do anything by itself"  My first reaction was that she was wrong, but she went on to explain that we needed trees to breathe and trees need sunshine and on and on--the kid came up with the notion of the ecosystem!  I asked her where she heard about that and she said she thought of it herself, but wasn't sure it was true.  

No comments:

Post a Comment